Each class will receive 4 boxes for each season that will include:
- Carefully curated seasonal sports equipment to keep an entire classroom of up to 30 kids engaged in active and healthy play;
- 8 game cards that focus on core games using different pieces of equipment in the box;
- 40+ day challenge sheet that will keep your students busy with games and activities that promote social distancing.
The active8 Your School box program is designed to help in the following areas:
- Physical and Mental Health: Improve overall physical activity and self-confidence levels in youth;
- Focus: Increase classroom alertness and engagement;
- Interpersonal Skills: Build up essential soft skills that include problem solving, communication and resiliency;
- Engagement: Keep youth active every weekday with a new activity, game or challenge;
- Independent Play: Provide kid-friendly, independent play that will require minimal adult supervision;
- Leadership Development: Provide classroom leadership opportunities and resources for independent student-led play;
- Inclusion: Reducing bullying by making everyone feel welcome and able to join in.
Proceeds from every active8 Your School box flows back to Recess Guardians, allowing our organization to continue to offer free recess programming to schools across Canada.